IPL 2019 Points Table, Result, Rules, Play-off Matches
The 2018 IPL season was thrilling. CSK won the 2018 Indian premier league in a style. They ruled the season from the start to finish. I am sure they will be looking to do the same in 2019.
Now VIVO IPL 2019 that is the 12th season of the Indian Premier League is very near and I know you all are very excited to see the tournament of this season like me. Also, this tournament is very special if you are the Chennai Super Kings or Rajasthan Royals fan. The winning title in 2018 was grabbed by Chennai Super Kings now lest see who will be the lucky team to do this same in this year.
The IPL match 2019 points table will start updating once the season matches start. Now you must be thinking that “why is the Points Table is needed?”
I would like to tell you that points table are considered as one of the most important parts of the tournament.
The IPL points table consist of a total number of matches played by the team, the total number of matches they won, the number of matches they lost, number of tied matches, IPL points and NRR.
In IPL 2019 total 8 teams will participate and play Minimum of 14 matches in the group stage in order to qualify for the Play-Offs. Each team will play 7 matches at their home venue and 7 matches at the others team home venues. A total number of 56 T20 matches will be played in the group stage to qualify for the 11th season of Indian Premier League Playoffs matches.
The top four teams in the ipl 12 points tally after group stage matches will play playoffs to get a ticket for IPL 2019 final encounter. Winner of the final match will have the IPL title and awarded by IPL2019 season eleven trophy.
The Rules of IPL 2019 Points Table are:
- Winner will get 2 points.
- The loser will get 0 points.
- If no result 1 points for each team.
- If a tie, both teams will play Super over and the winner will get 2 points.
According to some news sources, BCCI is trying to earn 15000 crores from the media rights of Indian Premier League. Now reading this just imagine that how peoples are crazy for the 2019 IPL season.
IPL POINTS TABLE 2019
P – Played Matches
W – Total Number of Won Matches
L – Total Number of loosed Matches
PTS – Points
NRR – Net Run Rate
League stages Rules
- Suppose, points are equal the team with the most wins will be placed in the higher position.
- If there are teams with equal points and equal wins the team with the higher Run Rate will be placed in the higher position.
- Still equals then the team with the higher number of wickets taken per fair balls bowled on the matches played in which results were achieved will be placed in the higher position.
- If still equals then the team position will be determined by drawing lots.
- The team shall compete in a Super over to determine the winner.
- If conditions do not permit a super over within the time available or if the Super Over is tied then the team which at the end of the relevant regular season finished the higher position in the League table will be deemed the winner of the relevant play-off match.
So now all we can do is wait for the beginning of IPL 2019 and you can check the most correct and firstly updated Points table on our site. We will update the IPL Points Table once the tournament begins. Keep yourself updated and book your seat in the stadium if you want to watch your favorite cricketers playing on the ground live